The dandruff fighter you have in your Pantry
Most of us know that honey is one of those great “superfoods” that contributes to a healthier lifestyle. The natural and organic sugar alternative has a long shelf life and is great for everything from sore throats and migraines to digestive issues and insomnia. But did you know that honey is also great for your hair?
Using honey on your hair won’t necessarily make it grow faster, as hair growth is primarily determined by genetics. But it will certainly keep your hair healthy, and healthy hair grows faster than damaged hair!
• AN EMOLLIENT (natural softener). It acts as a great conditioner and improves the health of hair follicles, the starting point for hair growth.
• AN ANTIOXIDANT. It keeps your scalp healthy, promoting and hair growth!
• A HUMECTANT. It prevents the loss of moisture from your scalp.
• A PSORIASIS AND DANDRUFF FIGHTER because of its antiseptic and antibacterial qualities.
How to Use It
Adding honey to your routine can be as simple as adding it to your shampoo or putting it directly on your scalp (cover with a shower cap and let it sit for 20-30 minutes). Another great option is the deep conditioning olive oil and honey treatment:
• MIX 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a microwaveable bowl.
• MICROWAVE the mixture for 30 seconds and let cool.
• APPLY the cooled mixture throughout your hair and massage into your scalp.
• COVER your hair with a shower cap and let the mixture soak in for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Though using honey on your hair produces great benefits, it is important to remember that healthy hair begins with what you put in your body. A healthy, balanced diet is the key to beautiful, curly tresses.